Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The Host", end of the Yo-Yo

I finished the new book from Stephenie Meyer (Twilight series) called "The Host". Before I read it, a couple of different people told me that they had a hard time getting into it and they weren't sure if they liked it, so I was a little worried. But let me tell you, I loved it!! I really like the way Meyer writes. She has so many little sub-plots going on, yet it isn't hard for me to follow. She gives you just enough information to keep it exciting and interesting, but not quite enough to figure everything out. While this book has its fair share of "the lomance" (romance) as Jeff calls it, that isn't the main focus of the book. It is intriguing more because of the plight of the characters in the book. I am really not a science fiction reader, but this is like "Science Fiction for Dummies". It is really good. So I encourage you to check it out when you can.

Totally different subject! If you have read my past posts, you'll know that one of my goals is to get physically fit. I'm sure that a lot of people have the same goal, but for me it's a matter of I have to do it now. And it isn't just a diet or exercise program that I am going to get on to lose weight, I am actually changing my lifestyle and I can tell this time that because I am doing that, it is going to be a long-term change. In the past I have lost weight and gained it back, but not anymore. I'm sick of the yo-yo! IT'S THE END OF THE YO-YO! I have not only changed my eating habits, but I am exercising too. For those of you who know me well, you know that this is not exactly my cup of tea. And I'm not the most coordinated, so I prefer to exercise in the privacy of my own living area so that I can have the least amount of embarrassment possible. So, for the last few months I have been trying, and succeeding for the most part, to exercise three days a week. And so far I've lost about 18 pounds (yay me! pat on the back!) Anyway, I got up this morning and DID NOT want to work out. But I sucked it up and did it and once I got into it, I actually found I was enjoying exercising. I was even enjoying sweating. Me! I know!! Crazy, but true. Miracles do happen!

3 comments:

Jason & Jackie said...

Good job!!!! I started before Christmas with the exercise thing and now I'm not doing too good Jason is training for a triathlon so I thought if we did it together I could do it I guess I forgot for a minute we have kids so Jason is off training while I watch the kids and I have no drive to do it by myself. Keep it up!!

Meredith Haag said...

Go Robyn! That is so awesome! Do you want to know a secret? I haven't exercised since NOVEMBER! Hello?! Well, good luck with it I really will be cheering you on! If you need a little encouragement you can call and get me going and I'll try to return the favor! One thing that I read the other day that I thought was really interesting is that in Feng Shui if you hold on to your old clothes, you are telling your subconsience that you don't really believe in your self! So, start chucking Baby! Pass it over to Jennie maybe!

Me said...

I've been wondering about the host. I might just go get it. Thanks for the little synopsis.
Way to go with the exercise! You can do it. Life Style change is the only long term way to loose and keep it off!