Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tag from Missy and Katie

How To Play This Game of Tag:Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

3 Joys!
1. My husband and kids. I am so happy that Jeff and I are best friends. I think it can be hard to maintain that sometimes after you are married. I'm so in love with him! We have a great time together, and we work well as a team. Love you Frito! And of course, what mom doesn't love watching their kids grow and develop, they're so much fun! I can't imagine life without them.
2. Music. Playing the piano, singing, or just listening. I love music!! I think it is one of the ways that God communicates to us and it brings me a lot of joy and comfort in my life.
3. Humanity. I get so much joy from seeing people do good things for other people. And seeing people achieve their goals or make a difference in the world. It always reminds me that there is so much good in this world and gives me hope.

3 Fears
1. Drowning in the ocean. I know, I live in the middle of a desert, so there isn't much chance of this, but the ocean is SO big and SO deep that if I was ever in it (the deep part) for whatever reason, I might freak out a little. Plus, there's all sorts of creatures swimming around and pooping, yuck!
2. Dying young. I have a huge fear of not being able to see my kids grow up and also of them growing up without a mom. This is probably my worst fear ever!
3. Not having any money to retire on.

3 Goals
1. Getting into shape physically.
2. Getting completely out of debt and buying a house. Check back in 20 years, we might be a little closer to this one!
3. Flirting with my husband. It sounds corny, but with the day to day stresses of life, it's easy for me to forget this.

3 Current Obsessions
1. The Twilight series of books. I really am obsessed with it. No really. Obsessed. I can't help myself! It can't be healthy.
2. My family. My whole life is centered around Jeff, Mason, and Mallorie.
3. Organizing. I'm not very good at it, but I am constantly trying to organize different aspects of my life and maintaining the organization. Jeff would probably laugh because he doesn't think I'm organized at all, but it's true. I think about it constantly.

3 Surpising random facts about myself (I don't know how surprising these are, but...)
1. I was born in Washington D.C.
2. I am a romantic through and through. I'm such a sucker for romantic gestures, romantic movies, etc. That's one of the things that I liked about Jeff when we first met is that he was always doing cute, silly things to try to get me to go out with him, until I finally gave in. He may not have considered them romantic, but to me they were. Life moves on though, and these are not nearly as frequent now :( My secret fantasy is to have him plan a romantic night for us with romantic music, see #3, candles, and no basketball or other sports on tv. In fact, no tv whatsoever. Just us. Whew! I get goosebumps just thinking about it!
SmileyCentral.com
3. My favorite types of music are American Standards (think Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Michael Buble, Rosemary Clooney, etc.) Big Band, Jazz, and Swing. Along with this, the era of the 30's, 40's and 50's are my favorite. I love everything about it: music, movies, fashion, decor, cars, architecture, etc. I think I was born in the wrong time period.


I am going to tag this to Jill, Jennifer, Jenny, Meredith and Abby because I haven't seen it on theirs yet, I don't think! But I look at this as a forwarded email that tells you to forward it to five friends or whatever, if you don't, I won't be upset about it. It's just something fun!

2 comments:

Meredith Haag said...

So..... just off the top of my head.... maybe we should take a slightly cuter photo of you! Just kidding! That picture is one of a kind! When your Mom and Dad start a blog be sure to have her use her face from that photo too! She'll love that! HA!

Ok, so I've been tagged! I'll reread the rules and play!

Robyn said...

No way! I love that picture, it's hilarious!