Tuesday, September 09, 2008

August Rush

Did you see that movie August Rush? I didn't, but the title works great for the past month of our lives. It seems like we've been so busy, and yet I can't think of anything we did out of the ordinary. Weird, huh? Because I've been so busy and haven't posted for awhile, I missed posting two very important birthdays. My dad's birthday was on the 12th, and my brother-in-law Juan's birthday was on the 20th. They are both very important to me and I love them so much. Juan really is like an older brother to me and I look up to him very much. Some things that I admire about Juan: He's a freakin' genius! He has three Ph.D.'s. That's right, I said three! In (I hope I get this right...) Microbiology, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry. It's mind boggling, I know! He is one of the most spiritual people I know. He always provides great advice and is so accepting of everyone, no matter what. So, you can tell he's pretty much fantabulous. Love you Juan!

I can't even tell you how much my dad means to me. He has always been the one that keeps me grounded and focused on what is important. Where my mom is my best friend to vent to and have fun with and cry to, my dad is the one that I can always go to for unbiased advice. Even when I don't like the advice he gives, he is usually right in some way. Don't tell him I said that! He taught me to be an inquisitive and an independent thinker, and how to figure things out for myself (look it up!)

So, sorry its late, but Happy Birthday to Dad and Juan, love you!

No comments: