were actually fine with me leaving. They walked in and started coloring and when I said I was leaving, they just gave me a kiss and a hug and said bye. Aaaargh! Its wonderful because they feel secure in themselves, but scary because they don't need me as much anymore. Being a mom is confusing, isn't it?I signed the kids up to go to Oak Hills elementary in Bountiful, which is down the street from Jeff's parents house and its where Jeff went to school when he was little. I think its pretty cool that they get to go to the same school. And, our cousin Cameron goes there and he has assured us that he will be their "bodyguard". I was worried about what kind of school it was if they needed one! But its nice to know that he'll watch out for them. The first day Mallorie said a little boy pushed her so she didn't want to go back the next time. But it turns out he just followed her too closely on the slide and probably just bumped her. Mason said that if he had seen it he would have punched the kid. OY! He's got a little aggressive streak in him-just like Dad-but I think he's more bark than bite. If it came right down to it and he got hurt, he'd run crying for mommy! Also, just like dad! :) JK! The other th
ings they talked about from the first day were snack time (of course!), playing on the playground, and they asked me if I saw "the little chubby girl". There is a girl in their class, we've since learned her name is Allyson, and she has the cutest, chubby cheeks! We're working on calling her by her given name instead, though. I don't think they called her that to her face, but who knows?All in all, it has been a great experience so far and I think it will be really great for me and the kids. If nothing else, they can meet new friends and experience life away from mom and dad for a little bit each week. The picture of the kids with their arms around each other is from the actual first day of school. The picture in front of the school is from the second day! They didn't change much in 4 days...
4 comments:
It's official! They are growing up! It's a little bitter sweet huh? They look so cute! I'm glad that Mason is so willing to come to his sister's aid. You must be doing something right. Good job Mom!
Oh man, these are the first pictures I've seen in a while of your kids. They sure are cute and I see you in Malory. I would have known she was yours even if I didn't know she was yours! Preschool is a great transition stage. Our kindergarten is all-day every-day so preschool is great for Kale. What are you doing with all your free time?
So much fun!! It seems like parents have a harder time with thier kids going to school for the first time than most of the kids. They are growing up so fast, and are so cute. Mini Jeff and Robin!!!
Free time? I wish!! I generally use that time to plan my Primary lesson for the next week. I tried shopping one day and spent way too much money, so now I'm trying to keep to more constructive endeavors.
By the way, everyone says that Mallorie looks just like me and Mason looks just like Jeff. Guess what? Their personalities are just like that too. She's a little sweetheart (just like me!) and he's a real character. Lots of fun!
Post a Comment