Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another first and Moon over Miami...I mean, Layton

On Saturday, Mason and Mallorie received their first big kid bikes! Yay! They picked them out themselves and they have loved them. Mason already had a helmet from his skateboard, so we needed one for Mallorie. Dad picked out a pink Barbie helmet for her because he knows she loves her. She is definitely a girly-girl! They are still a little cautious riding them, even with training wheels and they haven't wanted to practice a lot so that they can get better. Both of them have already had a couple of "crashes". The funny thing is, Mason already instinctively knows how to bail off the bike before he falls, he's such a crazy kid!



































On a more embarrassing note: This morning while I was in the shower, the kids decided to scatter toys all over the living room. So I walked out in my towel and saw the tornado-stricken area and without even thinking, started picking up toys. With my hands already overflowing with toys and still holding up my towel, I bent over to pick something up. Well, it was one thing too many and, instead of dropping the excess toys, I let go of my towel! This wouldn't be a big problem (except possible mental scarring of my children) except that I was backed right up to the sliding glass door at the time and let's just say the neighbors, if they were looking, got a little peep show of my backside. Hope they liked it! I haven't checked for a butt-print on the glass yet. So, the lesson for today is...even if there are toys scattered and you can barely make a path through the room, always get dressed first! Or at least close the blinds!

3 comments:

Meredith Haag said...

Where's the picture?! Just kidding, I'll go without! In fact I'm not even gonna use my imagination! Let's talk about the kids new bikes, shall we? They are growing up too fast!

Jason and Lis Day said...

You're hilarious! Let's get together again soon. It's fun to hang out with you.

Jill Wagner said...

Hilarious Robin!! Mental note: get dressed after a shower before cleaning up toys. Got it.