Jeff has been working really hard at his job. He's also been playing church softball with Bill (his dad) and Ryan (our bro-in-law), which he loves!! I think its great that they have that in common. Their team tends to do really well and they always end up in the region playoffs, we'll see this year. Go Heights ward!
I have been working a lot lately. Well, a lot for me anyway. I worked for NAI for about a week training the new girl who is replacing the girl who replaced me. I know, weird. It was fun to be with all my friends at NAI though, and I loved it. After being home with the kids all day everyday for the last 5 months, it was a welcome change. Then I was being trained for the next two weeks for my new work at home job. I love it! It is so nice to be able to help with the financial support of my family, but I get to stay at home to do it. I think I'm catching on pretty quickly and its been great so far.In the meantime, the kids got to spend part of every day with Grandma Patty (as they call her) while I was at work. They love going to Grandma's house and she loves having them. I hope they didn't wear her out! They can be exhausting at times. While they were with Grandma they went to Wheeler Farm with Auntie Missy and Jackson. They got to ride ponies, feed the ducks, and go on a hayride. They loved it!! That was about 2 weeks ago and they are still talking about it. I'm so grateful to our wonderful family for being able to help us out like they do. Last Saturday, we went swimming at G
randma and Grandpa Hinds' house in our blow-up pool. It was so much fun
!! Jackson came over and the three kids had a blast. 
See how long Mally's hair is? Right after they went swimming, Auntie Missy cut about 4 inches off! Jinkies! Mallorie wanted it shorter, but Mommy couldn't handle it. It is still pretty long and looks A LOT better! It curls under quite nicely all by itself and I imagine it must be cooler.
We also got to visit with my Aunt Gail and my cousins: Josh and Heather, Lis and Jason, and Emily and her boyfriend Andrew. It was great to see them! Not growing up around each other, we've never had a lot of chances to hang out, but I really enjoy them and I hope we can get together more often. The day they were all here, we finally convinced Mason that it was time to release the
butterflies, so we did. They flew right out and into the yard! We think we've seen them a few times since, but of course you can't be sure.We are going to Yellowstone in a few weeks. Yippee!! Its an annual trip we make with the Hinds family and its so much fun. You would think we would get tired of seeing the same thing year after year, but we don't. I think its just fun for all of us to be together. And its even more special because Grams and Pops come up from Mesquite and Rick and Cameron go too. There's 4-wheeling, fishing, and shopping. Yahoo!! We can't wait.
The kids will be starting preschool in the fall and its a little scary for everyone. Any ideas on making it easier for mom and kids would be great!
3 comments:
we love seeing you! Hopefully we'll move up north so we can see eachother more often.
Oh please Robyn! Enjoy the break! They won't be gone that long! No, really it's hard, I know, but they aren't leaving the nest just yet! Fighting time.... isn't much fun is it!? We are going to Yellow stone too, I think we're going towards the end of July with my family. I'm excited! Too bad we will miss you there! Have fun!
It's good to hear you guys are enjoying your summer.
As for starting preschool, I know that the kids that know what to epect from school are less afraid. Do some things together like wrting thier name and singing. Ask the teacher if you can go over before it starts, so they can see what the school looks like, and not be as scared when it comes time for them to be dropped off and left with stranger kids and adults. So at least they are farmilliar with the school. Ask the teacher what kinds of things to expect, and talk to the kids about it. I hope that kind of helps.
Post a Comment