Some of my favorite times of summer are not the vacations or swimming, fireworks or the parades. Although those times are great, my favorite times are lazy summer nights like tonight. The sun was just setting and it had finally cooled down enough to be not only bearable but quite pleasant outside. Jeff and Mason had been outside playing baseball, while Mallorie ran around barking like a dog. Her favorite pastime! We did some sparklers and then just sat outside enjoying the fresh air. You could hear the dogs in the neighborhood barking, a plane flying overhead, and eventually the crickets chirping. It was as if time stopped for awhile. For awhile, there was nothing to clean, no laundry to do, no bedtimes. It was just us being together. It was so great and its one of my favorite things to do in the summertime. So, of course, I ran to get the camera. And after much begging and pleading with Jeff to smile (he hates smiling in pictures), I managed to get a couple of great ones! My life, my loves...

4 comments:
Yes, I remember going out after dark and playing baseball with the kids in the summer! Its the best! Cute pictures!
Hello Hinds family! You left a message on my blog a while ago and I've been slow to get back to you. I can't believe how big your kids are, they are so cute! We don't see you enough... I hope you don't mind but I added you to my list of friends on my blog! Hope things are great!
I agree and cute pictures! How is your new job going?
Post a Comment