Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! It's home to work I go. Ha ha. As most of you know, I recently started a new job working from home. I've had a lot of questions about it, so I thought I'd post about. Where to begin? I get up every morning with Jeff at 5am. Once he leaves at 6, I log on to the computer and sit in my jammies listening to music, and work for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours before the kids get up. Then I usually do another hour or two in the afternoon or at night after the kids go to bed. There is really nothing interesting about the actual work - I look at pictures and inspection reports on high value homes and then correct any mistakes, complete the reports and send them to the insurance company. It gets a little tedious, but I do enjoy it! The best parts are that I can be at home with my kids, work in my jammies, listen to music, eat, whatever, while I work, and I make my own hours. I can work any time during the day that I want, its fantabulous!
New Music: The other day I watched one of my favorite movies "Somethings Gotta Give". It is a really cute show with Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and a little eye candy called Keanu Reeves. For those of you who haven't seen it, before you take my recommendation and see it, you need to know that its rated PG-13 and does contain a couple seconds of nudity (Jack Nicholson's butt) and a few swear words. Anyway, I love the soundtrack from it and so I looked up the songs on playlist.com and made my own little playlist of just that music. While I was looking for the songs from the soundtrack, I "discovered" an artist that I really like. His name is Django Reinhardt. He was a Belgian/French jazz musician back when Jazz music was in its hayday and is considered one of the most renowned jazz guitarists of all time. So, as I was looking for his music, I realized that there is a whole other part of Jazz music that I really like. It's kind of French folk music and with jazz mixed in. Sounds weird, I know, but it is really good!! I have a very eclectic taste in music, as you can see. I changed my playlist on the blog for a couple of days so you can hear it. Its good stuff!
Blogs have been abandoned
7 years ago
1 comment:
I should have told you this a long time ago, but I didn't think of it. Anyway look up this group they're called "Le Vent du Nord" my family really likes it! And we don't even know what they're singing about! So, you'll definately have the upper hand on that one! Give it a try its really fun! The only second language spoken in my family is Spanish, except for my brother Jon, who speaks Samoan, and tagalog! But, no French!
Hau, hau, hau! (there's an example of all the French I know!)
Post a Comment