We had such a good day yesterday! We went down to Bountiful for our friend Lindsay's homecoming. Yeah Lindsay!! She served in the London South Mission (I think that's right, correct me if I'm wrong) and she is such a cute, great girl. She is our sister Katie's best friend and she is like a member of the family. It was so awesome to sit in sacrament meeting with all of the Hinds family together. Then we all went to Grandma and Grandpa Hinds' house and just hung out all afternoon. I was really struck by how lucky we are to have such a wonderful family! And how lucky I am to have married into it, and how lucky I am that my sisters-in-law married who they did, they have awesome husbands-but what else do you expect for such awesome women! We all get along so well and I really feel like they are my brothers and sisters/parents. My favorite thing yesterday was watching our nephew Jackson play with our kids. In church, he wanted to sit right by "MalMal" and wanted to share Bubba's snacks. It took a little convincing, but Mason finally shared without throwing a hissy fit and everyone was happy. Then at Grandma's house, the three of them played outside with Grandpa and had such a great time!! Jackson follows the big kids around and mimics what they do, it's so cute!! And the kids are great with him (for the most part). They let him play with them pretty well and love to have him around. I didn't take any pictures of the three of them together yesterday, but I will soon and post them.
So, to the Hinds', Davis', and Barnedts' I want to say Thank You! For accepting me the way I am (all uncoordinated and non-sporty), for always being there for us, and for being great friends. I love you all so much!!
Blogs have been abandoned
7 years ago
2 comments:
Robyn! I accept you too, for the crazy lady you are! I'm glad you get along so well with your in-laws! That's awesome! My sister has the same type of relationship with her in-laws and she loves it. To me they look a little crazy but, if she's happy... right?! I wish we lived closer so that we could hang out and make memories too! Oh well, maybe some day. When you live away from family, your ward becomes your family and its pretty freaking awesome! I didn't think it would be this cool, but I love it here! Start packing... join us Danny... Oh, sorry I mean Robyn! That's the "shinning" in case you didn't know.
I hope the Haag side of the family understands, I love you just as much, I just don't get to spend a lot of time with you guys...which is totally all your fault!! Ya big jerks! I miss doing this kind of stuff with you guys.
Post a Comment