Friday, January 07, 2011

Holiday Fun!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. We had a great time with our Hinds family! Unfortunately, Peanut and I were sick for most of the week before Christmas and part of the week after. We both had really bad cases of the flu with the whole works. Hot and cold, prickly skin, body aches, headaches, and high fever (103.9 for me, 102 for Peanut). Don't worry, we're still alive and don't seem to be any worse for wear. But we were pretty miserable for awhile. Luckily, Jeff and Bubba didn't get it, although, Jeff is going through a more mild case now. Bub woke up at 5am on Christmas morning!! Mally and I were still under the weather, so I made him wait until 7am to wake her up for presents. It was hard for him, but he did it.

Bubba wants me to add that his favorite Christmas present was a Pillow pet. He really does love it and cuddles with it all the time. Peanut says that she had a lot of favorites, but her most favorite was a pack of Zoobles that she got. For anyone that I usually send a video to, I haven't been able to put it together yet...it will get done eventually and I'll get them sent out.
For New Year's Eve this year, Peanut and Bubba were allowed to stay up until midnight. I thought that they would have been more tired that night, but they really did just fine! And they stuck their little heads out of the front door into the frigid cold to bang a couple of pots and yell "Happy New Year"! Then we all went to bed. Sounds crazy, right?

This week the kids went back to school. They were a little sad to have to go back, but I think they enjoy the schedule and seeing their friends. They had a spelling test yesterday and both got 100%. Yay for my little smarties! They're still excelling in their reading and were some of the first kids in their class to start AR (Advanced Reading). They read books that are a little bit different than the normal reading books and then they have to take a quiz the next day on the computer to test their reading comprehension.

Here are some pictures from Christmas:

No comments: