Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What an adventure today!

Our adventure today. Think "Gilligan's Island" theme song:

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale,

a tale that will make you weep,

That started from the city Bountiful, aboard this old white Jeep.

The driver was a short and freckled mom,

on the way home from preschool,

Two kids in the back were buckled in

for a 25-minute carpool.

A 25-minute carpool.


The Jeep started going chug, chug, chug, chug,

high on the Mountain Road.

It finally slowed and then it stopped

On the way to our abode

On the way to our abode


After starting and stopping so many times

we finally made it home.

With Mason hitting Mallorie,

and she had her tongue out,

And Mommy yelling “STOP IT!”

the whole time,

We made it home,
in just two hours,
here to the House of Hinds!

We have been having problems with the Jeep, but usually for shorter distances it is okay. I decided to push the ol' gal a little bit today and go to Salt Lake and back, but she just couldn't make it the whole way all at once. So, what should have taken 25 minutes from Bountiful to Layton, ended up taking us two hours. But it was an adventure! And there wasn't constant fighting, but that seemed to be what stood out to me the most. I can't imagine why!

Here are some quotes from the kids during our sojourn:

Mallorie: "When I grow up, if I have a baby girl, I'm going to name her Shauna" (No idea where that came from)
Mason: "Stupid Jeep!"
Mallorie: "Why is it Winter?"
Mason: "Let's get going"
Mallorie: "A thumb is very important."
Mason: "Idiot drivers"
Mallorie: "Do you see something growing on my chin?" (she has a small freckle)

If you didn't notice, Mason was in a very obstinate mood and was mad at everyone and everything. He was not happy about having to start and stop and was tired from not getting enough sleep last night. Mallorie was just commenting on what she was thinking about I guess. It was pretty interesting to hear all the things she wonders about. In the meantime, I was just praying that we would eventually get safely home and hoping that no cops would stop. I knew that each time it stopped, if I just let it sit for a few minutes, that the fuel pump would cool down and we could go another 100 yards. I didn't want the added embarrassment of having to explain it to a cop and possibly have Mason roll down his window to chat. Anyway, it worked out and we made it home (thank heaven!) in one piece.


2 comments:

Barnedt Bunch said...

Hahaha oh my heck Mallorie makes me laugh so hard. Is there something growing on my chin, and the thumbs are very important are so funny. And Mason is just like Jeff impatient haha JK.

the Jenks said...

You are so hilarious! I suppose you had plenty of time to think up that little song on your journey home. Still, I don't think I could have done it. Way to keep positive! I'd have followed Mason's lead.