Thursday, January 22, 2009

After a long hiatus...

(Apparently my first version of this post insinuated that I was happy not to have to spend Christmas with my side of the family-which is SO not the case. So to avoid any problems, this is the edited version!)

Okay okay...I've been remiss in my blogging duties, I know. So, I'm back on the blogging wagon now. We just got really busy with the holidays and this mommy just couldn't handle one more thing!! So, Christmas was great. The kids had so much fun, were spoiled as usual, and this was probably the year that the "You better stop right now or I'm calling Santa" threat worked the best. Jeff loved that and used it quite often. I think Mason is traumatized for life. Ha ha, just kidding!

One of the things we got for Christmas was a bug and frog habitat. You've seen them in the stores I'm sure. Well, we decided it would be much more fun to have a frog. So we sent away for a live tadpole (yes, you can get them!) And it came today! You would have thought by the kids' reaction that it was Christmas all over again. They were so excited! Another thing we got for Christmas was a handheld digital camcorder - mine! - that is so fast and convenient that we use it all the time. So tonight I took video of the kids talking about the tadpole and the tadpole itself. So here it is, enjoy our new pet! In 6-12 weeks it should have morphed into a full-grown frog. We'll keep our fingers crossed that we can keep it alive that long. We'll keep adding video as it changes.


3 comments:

Me said...

That is so dang cute! I love home videos. We still love to watch our old ones. I'm sure the twins will love to look back on these when they are older!

the Jenks said...

Hey, thanks for the video! My kids had fun watching them. A tadpole sounds kind of fun. Kale got some sea monkeys for Christmas. They swim around and are weird looking, sort of dinosaur-like. Not as fun as a frog though. He also got an ant farm and we are still waiting for the ants to come. It sure was good to see you at Mom's! Thanks again for making over there!

Meredith Haag said...

I didn't know tadpoles were that exciting! I'm sure my kids would think so too, but I'm just not that nice!