Monday, March 23, 2009

Love is in the air

Saturday I was invited to a baby shower for my friend Tami, who is married to one of Jeff's "bromances", Jeff Rivera. Its their first baby, and we're so excited for them. They are going to be awesome parents! Anyway, the Riveras and the Hinds' are practically related. My mother-in-law, Patty, and Jeff R.'s mom Pat, are best friends and the two families have known each other a long time. So Patty and Jeff's sisters, Missy and Katie, were also invited. Since the girls were all going to the shower, all the boys (except Bill) came up to our house to play Xbox. Mason was excited to play with Jackson, and I decided to take Mallorie with me to the girl party.

People ask me all the time if my kids are close and I always answer yes, but I think in the back of my mind, I usually think that they are not any closer than other siblings. But, Saturday I realized that yes, they do have a special bond because they are twins. Even though they fight sometimes, they really are best friends and depend on each for a lot. Moreso I think, than a normal brother/sister. As we were getting ready to leave on Saturday, Mallorie threw her arms around Mason and said "Bye Mason, I love you! I'll miss you!" It was so sweet! One of those moments that you just want to freeze and keep forever in your heart. After we left and were on the way to the shower, Mallorie was being pretty quiet, so I tried to talk to her. She kind of sniffed a little bit, so I asked what was wrong. She said "I just miss Bubba." It was so cute! So, as we pulled up and started getting out of the car, she then said "Mom, my eyes leaked a little because I miss Mason, but I didn't cry." What a sweetheart!! I hope they always stay close, I just love seeing how they take care of each other.

2 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

Aren't kids so sweet, at least most of the time? She sounds like such a cutie

Anonymous said...

Robyn it's Ryan. That's exactly what I did when I had to leave your house because I missed Jeff. I didn't cry my eyes just leaked a little.