Sometimes when I get woken up in the middle of the night, like tonight, the little squirrels in my head start running on their wheels and I can't get my brain to go back to sleep again no matter how tired my body is. Thus, it is now 4:00am and I'm blogging. I've been up since about 12:30 with Mallorie. She is sick and throwing up, poor baby! Now don't worry, she hasn't been up this whole time. She was off and on from 12:30 to 3:00, but has been asleep for awhile now. But not me! My mind is a-racing and its useless to even try anymore. So while I'm laying on the couch next to Peanut trying to force myself to sleep, I've been thinking about all the things that need to be done, and all the bills that need to be paid, which Presidential candidate to vote for, where to live, and worrying about life in general. And while all this is running through my mind, I'm also headin' down the Atlanta highway, lookin' for the love getaway - that's right in the background of my thinking is the song "Love Shack" by the B-52's....mmm hmm. Over and over and over again. And it doesn't stop! What a funky little shack.
2 comments:
I hope Mallory gets better! I hate it when I can't sleep. I feel like I never get sleep anymore. I wake up every 3 hours to pee, and then I just can't fall back asleep. Then I end up needing a nap later the next day.. so I feel your pain!
I guess once you become a parent sleep becomes nonexsitent so I better get used to it.
That happens to me when I'm not up with a sick kid. I hate it when that happens!
Post a Comment