So even though this is so NOT a craft blog, I wanted to share what the kids and I did for Valentines Day. For the kids to pass out to their friends at school, we made heart-shaped crayons. I got the idea here: http://www.emiliehandmade.com/2010/02/make-your-own-crayons-freebie.html
It was fun, but took a lot of time! Mostly peeling the paper off of them.
Peeling the crayons:
The finished product:
And, since I get to be the room mom this year that organizes the holiday parties, I came up with an idea for all the kids to do a craft during the Valentine's party. I drew a large heart on a piece of copier paper and made a copy for each kid in the class. They first wrote a message to their teacher on the heart in crayon, like you would see on a conversation heart. They wrote things like "UR the best", "#1 Teacher", "Be Mine", "I love u", etc. Then they used watercolor paints to do a wash over the top of the message; and cut out the heart. We let them dry and then put them in this box that I made yesterday. It is a candy box just like the "Sweethearts" conversation hearts box. I made it out of a Lehi Roller Mills muffin mix box. This is the front of the box. On the back, I made an ingredient list out of all the kids' names in the class. Turned out cute, I think.




1 comment:
Looks pretty crafty to me Robyn!
Post a Comment