Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer Fun

The week before school started, we went with Jeff's family to Flaming Gorge. It was such a fun time!! Jeff's uncle and great-aunt own some mobile homes up there and very graciously allowed us all to stay in them. Although I love camping and wouldn't have minded staying in tents, I have to say, it was nice to have a bed, potty, shower, and kitchen.


In the car on the way to FG. Look at that sunset!

While we were there we went fishing, of course. It wouldn't be a Hinds Family vacation without fishing. The fishing was great and I think almost everyone caught one. Bubba and Peanut not only caught their first fish while we were there, but they actually caught several each. It was great! We were bank fishing, so I think it got a little boring for them to cast out and then wait, but boy did they get excited when they got to reel them in.


These were the best catches for the two little anglers!

The first day we were there and went fishing, it got so stormy. After we had been fishing for awhile, the wind started blowing and it started raining. And it was cold!! But, the die-hards wanted to keep fishing, and actually ended up catching more fish in the monsoon. Jeff and the kids and I (and cousin Jack) ended up in the truck waiting it out. But the others found some wood and got a fire going to brave it out. I'm not sure what they were doing in this picture, some sort of incantation? I don't know, but we were warm and dry and eating Twizzlers in the truck and I thought this looked funny. Ha ha!


The second day we got to go rafting/kayaking down the Green River, thanks to Uncle B and Aunt KK. I was really paranoid about it, but really had no reason to be. The river right there is so calm and we were in "Captain Uncle Brandon's" capable hands. He brought a big river raft and three kayaks for us to enjoy. It was a blast! And of course, everyone was wearing life jackets (no worries, Grammy!) I don't have any pictures because I didn't have a waterproof camera. Maybe next time. This was my favorite part of the trip. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, but I loved it.
The rest of the trip was more fishing, hanging out together, and enjoying beautiful Utah. We came home worn out and sunburned, but it was a great vacation! I feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful place and that we have an awesome family to spend time with.
My handsome hubby in his favorite environment, doing his favorite thing.

1 comment:

the Jenks said...

So glad for the update! Finally! Sounds like a great vacation. I've never been to Flaming Gorge. You know you guys are always welcome to come fishing with us too. We'd love to have you.