Yesterday was my Jeffy's 30th birthday! He keeps telling me how old he feels and I just roll my eyes at him. 30 is not old. Anyway, it wasn't so much of a fun day for him I'm afraid. He has been sick off an on for about a month now. I'm thinking its allergies because neither the kids nor I have gotten sick at all. Anyway, yesterday he was not feeling really well, so we didn't do much. We went to Holy Smokes (his favorite BBQ place) for lunch and then hung out together at home. Kind of a quiet b-day. We'll have to celebrate another time, I guess.
Today, Jeff took Bubba to Target while Peanut and I stayed home. Well I guess on the way there, they were stopped at a rather busy intersection here in Layton (Hill Field Rd & Antelope), and there was a serviceman from the base on a motorcycle in the right lane next to them. Both lanes go straight. When the light changed to green, both Jeff and the guy on the motorcycle started out into the intersection. Well, an older gentleman who was turning left coming the other direction, turned right in front of them. He went in front of Jeff, but the guy on the motorcycle ended up t-boning the car in the rear passenger door and was thrown up and over the car onto the road. Poor guy! I'm so proud of Jeff. He immediately put our car in park, turned on the hazard lights and ran out to the guy. Another lady also stopped and ran out as well. Jeff stayed with the man, talking to him and keeping him down (he wanted to get up). The lady had someone from her car call 911. Other people ran out and wanted to take the guy's helmet off, but Jeff told them to leave it and really was watching out for the guy. He said the fire truck showed up within minutes and then the paramedics and police. Jeff was able to pull the Jeep over to the side of the road and tell the police what he saw. Mason said he felt a little bit scared, but he was brave. I guess so! Jeff didn't want to leave Mason alone in the car again, so Mason got to sit in the back of the police car while Jeff filled out his statement. He said it was cool and that he saw real bullets in there. His eyes were about as big as saucers when he told me. I am so proud of Jeff for responding so quickly and being such a great guy!
Blogs have been abandoned
7 years ago
2 comments:
Well happy birthday to your honey even though he is sick. That is the reason why I don't ever want Steve to have a motorcyle, I trust him but not other drivers.
HAPPY Birtyhday JEFF!!
WOW!! You're old!! Just kidding, I'm not too far behind you!
Post a Comment