Wednesday, April 08, 2009

General Conference

I just wanted to make a quick note before I go to bed. I was very glad that I was able to catch almost every talk from General Conference this last weekend. I even took notes!! The kids were great to play and color while it was on, so there weren't a ton of interruptions. Anyway, my point is this: I thoroughly enjoyed conference and I am so glad that I'm able to receive direction from the living prophet and the apostles. I feel like some of those talks were written directly for me in my life right now. I have discovered a lot about myself over the last couple of years and one of the things is that I have a great spiritual strength that I didn't know about. And that I need to rely more on Heavenly Father than I do and not try to be strong and make it through life's difficulties on my own. That is extremely hard for me. If you know the Haag family at all, you'll know that we are strong-willed people and like to do things on our own. But I'm learning...

1 comment:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

I totally agree. Conference totally uplifted me! In years past, I had to work. While I would go back and read the talks, it is just not the same. I love how renewed I feel after hearing the talks. Hope all is well!!